2.2
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

My wife and I went on vacation 7 years ago to Melia Caribe, where we attended a high pressure sales team, they wined and dined us with Champagne, gifts and a lot of promises of great deals.

We are now living a nightmare with this company we cannot cancel, are stuck paying 1000$ in maintenance fees, and the worst part was we were promised that they would help us sell our time share of we wanted out. We we have been trying to cancel and get out for 3 years now, they say that the option of helping us sell changed and is no longer available. This is a scam and we can't get out of it.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 07, 2016.

Comments

Iggyearl
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States #1182435

Color me crazy, but you own a "vacation club," not a "timeshare." A timeshare has a deed and a contract. If you default, you can be sued.

If you stop paying on a vacation club, you are not allowed to use it anymore. That's it.

I would stop paying and take the phone off the hook. They will go away.

to Anonymous San Jos, Guanajuato, Mexico #1198913

agreed. Im a member as well and I'm just finding out that they don't even report to the credit bureau. Im not paying them another dime and will keep you updated with what Im doing next if they choose to respond.

to Anonymous #1271324

hi anonymous, I'm in the same boat. considering to not pay them anymore. Do you think my credit score is at risk?

to Anonymous Santa Rosa, California, United States #1312024

I'm trying to cancel too. I spoke to the member services supervisor yesterday.

she told me that if I stop paying I wont' be able to use their services and would assign my account to a collection agency. Accord to her our contract can't be cancel even after I collections go after me.

to Anonymous Everett, Washington, United States #1303329