1.2K views

In November 2013, we checked in to Paradisus punta cana. We were told to attend information tour next day at 9:00am.

It was a sales pitch and they promised lot off things. We ended up signing up for 1 week / year.

We made a reservation and few weeks before I received an email from Club Melia requesting to pay $97/day and per person. After I told them that I have all inclusive membership , they said no. The contract on page 13 states lodging .

I'm not sure yet on what might be my legal rights to get my money back.

Can someone advise on how to get out of this contract.

Thanks

Robin

Had an Experience with Sol Melia Vacation Club?

Comments

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #934585

Actually, the costs is $100.Per person per night..or $1400.

Per stay per year.. added to another $800. For your ,maintenance fee..then you still have to arrange your flights.

When booking these hotels, you get a package that costs 1400.

Per person all inclusive WITH airfare. They sell you on a suite with all inclusive for a week a year, with membership...then when you book, its all these fees that make it more expensive than if you never became a vacation club member.

Also included is a point system..which you need to turn into options, which costs money as well. Its deceptive.

And the sales team does exaggerate to the point that you are excited.They lied to us about our suite type..butler service, and the ability to stay anywhere in the world with our membership , then it was a whole different story when trying to reserve these rooms.

I advise not to join.

Tlalnepantla, Morelos, Mexico #931623

I don't know what you paid ??but what your tell everyone is that you bought a membership that charges you $97 all-inclusive which on-line cost around 170 per person, So you think it should be included in your purchase price?

Right. well 50 weeks X 2 people equals 100 X 7 nights is 700 times an average on-line cost of 150 dollars per person, is $105,000 Dollars so at the discounted rate it $97 per person per night equals 67,900 Dollars and on-line you only get a hotel room. Now I am sure you get suites not hotel rooms. So if unless you paid $60,000 to $80,000, than I could understand that you believe they should include all the food and drink.

I you paid anything around $30,000 USD.

!!!!It reminds me of something my father said, better to stay silent and look *** then to open your mouth and confirm it !!